Sectors of Activity: Other Sector of Activity:
The project proposes actions in order to reduce the administration wastes generated, ranging from procurement to reuse and recycling.
The project takes as a starting point the Circular Economy concept and EU GPP criteria. And it is divided in:
Actions in public administration’s consumption. Setting up common Green Public Procurement criteria Actions on waste management in the public administrations Actions on secondary raw materials Capitalization results
Circular Economy - Zero Waste
Fostering green growth, eco-innovation and environmental efficiency
• To introduce green public procurement criteria in the public procurement and to encourage the green design and production
• To reduce significantly the waste in the public administrations from the circular economy conception and to pursue the zero waste objective
• To create new green business opportunities in the reuse, repair and recycling sectors
• To reduce the ecological footprint of public administrations and to reduce the expenses in services and productsBeneficiaries:
Public Administration (National, Regional and Local Public bodies) Sectoral Agency (Local or Regional development agency, environmental agency, energy agency, etc...Main activities:
A1. Actions in public administration’s consumption. Setting up common Green Public Procurement criteria.
Public procurement accounts for nearly 20 % of European consumption. It can play a key role in order to achieve the objectives of the Circular Economy.
• GPP Common Plan based on the Handbook on green public procurement by EC
and the EU GPP criteria of the EC
• Steps to reduce the CO2 emissions footprint (Obj. 3 Eu. 2020)
• Actions on plastic containers and mercury
A2. Actions on waste management in the public administrations.
To prioritize the reuse and recycling of waste allows to reduce waste and to inject back into the economy.
• Separate collection of waste produced in public buildings
• Agreements for WEEEs reusing with companies hiring person in risk of
social exclusion (Obj. 1 y 5 – Eu. 2020)
• Actions on organic waste recycling: composting
A3. Actions on secondary raw materials
The demand for products made with recycled materials can accelerate to close the loop
• To change fossil-based fuels for biofuels • To promote composting in gardens • To take measures to promote the use of secondary raw materials, prioritizing products made with recycled materials A4. Capitalization results Media campaign of actions and results, directed towards public institutions and companies.
• Dissemination sessions
• A web portal about corporate ecological footprint and an action plan. It includes the project portal.
• GPP Joint Plan
• Incorporation of GPP criteria in public procurement of products and services
• Catalogue of products made of recycled materials in order to introduce them in the approved catalogue of products and services of Junta de Andalucía
• Significant reduction of CO2 emissions
• Significant reduction of the electricity use
• Reduction of the use of fossil fuels
• Decrease of the corporate ecological footprint
• Reduction/elimination of plastic containers and mercury
• Composting of own organic waste and use them as fertilizers
• Procurement of renewable electricity supply
• Agreements for WEEEs reusing with companies, hiring people at risk of social exclusion
• Agreement for biofuels supply.
• Capitalization results in Atlantic Area and the rest Europe.
Geographical target area:
Public Administration (National, Regional and Local Public bodies) Sectoral Agency (Local or Regional development agency, environmental agency, energy agency, etc...
Atlantic Area Countries:
Name of Organisation:
Consejería de Medio Ambiente y Ordenación del TerritorioCountry: